Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I am so excited about so many things!!!! The Fredericksburg Satandard-Radio Post, our local paper, put a large article in this week's edition. It was deeply needed and deeply appreciated. We have to raise the awareness of events that we would like to provide the wounded warriors, because we need donations of time and money to make them happen. Secondly, we have finally made contact with the Naval and Marine wounded warriors. Most with whom we have worked with are in the army. I love the army and each and every soldier I have gotten to know. But, my husband is a retired Marine Lt.Col. and his one request was to make sure that we were helping the Marines as well as the soldiers. Yahoo! There is hope that we will be able to do that!!!!! Next, I got a call today from the EMS/Fire Department in our rural area assuring me that if we had any medical emergencies while the warriors were with us they could be there in minutes. They gave me an easy way to get in touch with them. Finally, there was what some people call a coincidence, but my friends and I refer to them as God-incidences. So many of our warriors want to go fishing. SO, we have been looking for a place where the guys,gals, and their families can fish. We were specifically searching for a place that not only had water and fish, but also was wheel chair accessible. I knew that the person I was talking to about EMS in our area was an outdoorsman. So, I mentioned the fishing idea to him. He said,"What a coincidence. I just leased my land with the creek running through it to the The Hill Country Fly Fishemen. He is going to help us get in touch with them. And guess what - he said he knew of several spots along the creek that would be easy for a wheel chair to access.

No comments:

Post a Comment